Wednesday, October 12, 2011

At the FARM!

So the first big news of the hour is that I now pull myself up to standing position, and I started eating puffs! All very exciting. Mommy and Daddy are constantly telling me how much fun I am!

But onto more fun stuff.... I got to spend some time last weekend at the FARM where my Great Grandma Bernie, Great Grandpa Dorvin, and my Grandma Oma lived! Oh, and where Mommy and Daddy got married! I had so much fun watching hanging out with Great Grandma Bernie. We made horseradish, we picked apples, we had an amazing lunch. (Well, I had sweet potatoes, but Mommy and Daddy got to enjoy Grandma's cooking!)

Look at me by Grandpa Dorvin's tree ......
And check this out - same tree 2 1/2 years ago when Mommy and Daddy got married! The farm is a VERY special place for our family.
Here I am sitting in front of the old farmhouse


I am supervising the picking of the horseradish!

APPLE PICKING!











And the making of the horseradish: We dig and wash the horseradish, then peel it and wash it again. We cut it up, then blend it with vingar and sugar. Yumm Yumm delicious.



Here are our 'assignments'


Daddy peels

Mommy washes and cuts

Great Grandma Bernie mixes and blends

And I SLEEP! :)

Afterwards, they rest while I play!!

Watch me stand! I can do this on chairs now too.....

And i loved climbing under her coffee table!

We honestly had the best time with Great Grandma Bernie. We love her SO SO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment