Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pancakes with Daddy!

Ben and Daddy have a  tradition every Saturday morning that they are able --- they make pancakes together.  Although they usually let me sleep in and I don't get to see the experience, this last weekend I happened to wake up early and see how much fun they have together.  I had to try and document it, so I did take a few pictures.

I have to say, I am so lucky that Patrick and Ben are such good friends.  I pulled up to the house this afternoon, and saw that Patrick had pulled up behind me.  So I asked Ben, "If ANYBODY in the world could open your door right now, who would you want to open it?"  and he said "DADDY!!!"  So when Patrick came and opened his door, Ben was beaming so much and so incredibly happy.  I am just so proud of Patrick for being such a great father, and so amazed that the boys have such a fabulous relationship.  I think that will really be helpful when the baby comes, and Ben will need some special Daddy Time.

Ben also has been developing the greatest imagination, and loves imaginary play.  Whether it is throwing a pretend baseball, making pancakes or other breakfast foods, having make-believe birthday parties, or heading to Chicago with Daddy (not sure how Chicago became so popular, but that is always where Ben wants to go!), it is so fun to see his mind working in so many different ways.

Check out the pancake festivities:
ADDING WATER


MIXING



 NOT LIKING THE MIXTURE ON HIS HANDS


SO WASHING IT OFF!


JUST LOVE THIS PIC :)


CLEANING UP (AND DRINKING MILK!)


 FUNNY BEN FACE


COOKING PANCAKES ON THE STOVE



AND ENJOYING THEM!
they made banana chocolate chip ones, but Ben really likes plain the best.



SO FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment